Friday, May 11, 2012

Baking: 2nd Attempt; Brazilian Cheese Puffs - Pao De Queijo

The last time I made my Pao De Queijo I used the Gold Medal All Purpose Flour because I didn't have any tapioca flour. It turned out pretty good but it missed the puffiness. This time I baked some using tapioca flour and it turned out perfect!  


Ingredients:
1 cup of milk/water
1/2 cup of butter
1 tsp salt
2 cups of tapioca flour
1 cup powder Parmesan cheese
2 eggs

Method:
1. Boil milk/water, butter and salt. Set aside.
2. Slowly add tapioca flour then cheese to the mix. Keep mixing it until a dough is formed. Add the 2 eggs in and mix it thoroughly. Make small balls. 
3. Preheat your oven to 300-350F and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Note: When you mix tapioca to the boiling milk/water, it will form a gooey dough that looks pretty much like glue. Don't worry about the look. Keep mixing until the dough is formed. 

1 comment: