Saturday, January 28, 2012

Auxiliary at Florida Fish Memorial Hospital



Since Jan 24, I am officially an auxiliary at the Ambulatory Services Clinic, Florida Fish Memorial Hospital or AMSURG as they call it. Even though this job pays me nothing, it gives me the chance to meet new people, make new friends and network. And if I don't end up working at the hospital, at least I could use this experience as a reference. So... YAY for my first work experience in the States!

Honestly speaking, working in a hospital gives me the shivers. Let's admit it, no body wants to hear an "Oops" in a hospital. And AMSURG deals with pre-op, operation and recovery for out-patient and in-patient, so you can imagine how nervous I could be on my first day. Even though I knew I would only be assisting the receptionist, a wrong click in the computer could lead to fatality.  But thank heaven, my first day was not bad at all. It was quite the opposite. And I sure was thankful for a quiet Tuesday and a nice receptionist who taught me everything I needed to know to start with.

Happy Face Sun - Magnet magnetMy schedule is 3 days a week, Monday to Wednesday, 8 to 4. And for now, all I have to do is check in pre-op and surgery patients, answer phone calls, update family members on the surgery's result and prepare some charts.

I've got the feeling that this is the start of something good - a wonderful and a fruitful year!

1 comment:

  1. so great to hear things are going well for you in the US! x

    ReplyDelete